You can follow this link to a currency converter to see the equivalent amount in your currency.
|DELEGATE TYPE||EARLY BIRD FEE||STANDARD FEE||LATE FEE|
|16 December 2019 to |
15 February 2020
|16 February 2020 to
15 March 2020
|Full delegate*||R 8 000||R 9 000||R 10 000|
|Student*||R 5 000||R 5 500||R 6 000|
|Accompanying people**||R 3 100||R 3 350||R 3 600|
*Registration fees for delegates and students include the following: Participation in all sessions, symposium materials, refreshments and lunches, all functions, and the excursion. The Student fee only applies to full time students.
**Accompanying person: Accompanying person fee includes the cocktail function, the Gala dinner and the Excursion and lunches at the symposium venue. The fee does not include access to the sessions or other refreshments.
Please note that no immediate payment is required when you register for the ISBX-4 Symposium. An invoice will be issued to you, but payment can be made only after you have received notification of acceptance of your abstract. Should you wish to cancel your registration at any time, please send us a message using the form on the Contact page.
Payments can be made using the following two options:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) or international bank transfer. The banking details will appear on your invoice.
- Credit card: payments can be made through PayFast, a secure South African payments processing gateway similar to PayPal. Payments will be made in South African Rans (ZAR). If you have indicated you want to use this payment option, you will receive an email message requesting you to do the payment.
A limited number of bursaries are available to young scientists. Please apply by email before 15 November 2019 using “ISXB-4 bursary application” in the subject line.
All applications should invlude the following documentation in PDF format:
- Curriculum Vitae – single A4 page. Save the file as: SURNAME_CV
- List of publications. Save the file as: SURNAME_LP
- Recommendation letter from Supervisor or Head of the Department/Group. Save the file as: SURNAME_RL_SURNAME OF SUPERVISOR
- Letter of Motivation for Bursary Application including a budget for attending (e.g. road travel, flights, accommodation costs) and an indication of the amount of funding needed. Save the file as: SURNAME_M
- The submission of an abstract for the ISXB-4 is mandatory for the bursary application to be considered.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered by the bursary committee.
|Registration opens||1 August 2019|
|Abstract submission: oral presentations||30 November 2019|
|Abstract submission: poster presentation||1 February 2020|
|Student bursary application deadline||15 November 2019|
|Notification of acceptance of abstracts||15 December 2019 (oral)
15 February 2020 (poster)
|Early bird registration||1 August to 15 December 2019|
|Standard registration||16 December 2019 to 15 February 2020|
|Late registration||16 February to 15 March 2020|
|Cancellation before 1 January 2020||50% of fees paid to be refunded|
|Cancellation after 1 January 2020||0% of fees to be refunded|